This week LeEco unveiled their new Le 1s Eco smartphone priced at Rs. 10,899 bundled with content membership benefits worth Rs.4900 from its partners Yupp TV, Hungama, and Eros which includes 3.5 million+ songs, 2000+ movies 100+ TV channels free for a year plus “5TB of Free LeEco Drive storage space“. The first flash sales will go live on 12th May exclusively on Flipkart with a special introductory price of Rs.9999 only.
These are the highlights again:
- 3.5 million advertisement-free tracks in 6 international and 25 Indian languages. – From Hungama Music
- 100 live TV channels – From YuppTv in 10 regional languages : Kannada, Tamil, Marathi, Assamese, Bengali, Malayalam, Telugu, Punjabi, Gujarati and Oriya
- 2000 blockbuster films on Levidi in over 10 different languages – From ErosNow
- 5-TB LeEco Drive cloud storage service.
- 50+ live concerts from around the world on Le devices.
So, here’s our first impression about this shift from hardware to content as a main focus.
Why Content matters:
On the go content is already the next big thing for youth in India who loves exploring more. Content is always the king, and LeEco as a brand understands it well and before other established brands started to take a note of it.
With LeEco 1s Eco providing #Supertainment, it will bring a paradigm shift to how we consume content all in one place at one price. Consumers get a better option to manage all the subscriptions for Music, Movie and TV at a single investment and additionally get the streaming experience on the go, anywhere and anytime.
Free content has positioned the mobile to replace the TV in the same way it did with the point-n-shoot camera. On the go content is way better than hustling on web or satellite box for content.
— LeEco India (@LeEcoIndia) May 7, 2016
If one takes a look at the price to value ratio of the device hardware specs. LeEco is offering the new Le 1S Eco for a disruptive pricing which is lower than the industry average cost of manufacturing.