If you are rocking a Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE model then we have some good news for you. Android 4.3 is starting to roll out to the Galaxy S4 devices and the LTE model of the Samsung flagship is getting the update first.
Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE users in Germany are receiving the update now and other regions should follow soon. The Android 4.3 update from Google is more of an under the hood update for developers rather than being a visual one although along with the Android 4.3 update, Samsung is bringing some key updates for its TouchWiz layer on Android such as Galaxy Gear support. The good folks at SamMobile have put the full changelog of the update so check it out:
- OpenGL 3.0 Support
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- ANT+ Support
- vSamsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
- Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
- Improved RAM management
- Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
- Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
- New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
- New Camera firmware
- Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)
We had earlier reported about a leaked roadmap which showed that the Android 4.3 update would come to Galaxy S4 in October, Note 2 and S III to get it in December. We should also see Note 2s get the update in December and reports suggest that the slew of S Pen features that Note 2 has is taking time to get on the new Android version.
So, right now the update is only available for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE models but we can see the update come to all Galaxy S4 variants by the months end.