So finally its here! The much awaited update for WhatsApp is finally here and thankfully it fixes things up.
WhatsApp had a very painful experience 0n Windows Phone and i know many people who started hating Windows Phone for having such a poor WhatsApp experience but with the latest update things have been fixed.
The key features of the update are:
- Now you can initiate voice calls from within the WhatsApp app, no need to go to the dialer and search the contact.
- WhatsApp now runs in the background as it now with access to the Background API, you can play music in the app and it plays even when you leave the app
- There is proper Emoji support now and you can find it just next to the send and attach button.
- The improper notifications have been fixed
- Now you can see smileys on the double wide tile.
- Double wide tiles now have text on them, rather then just a number, when a notification arrives.
- There’s fast resume support now obviously only for Windows Phone 8 users, so thankfully there are no more Resuming.. screen and the crashes and hangs in the app. The fast resume allows users to navigate back to the app without having to load the app once again. When you open the app it opens where you left it off.
- On starting WhatsApp, it now gives a prompt if you want to back up your chat history although you can also do this through settings.
- Now you’ll be able to see large images inline when your friends send them on WhatsApp.
- While in the battery saver mode, the app will notify you that you won’t be receiving push messages.
The update brings quite a few features and thankfully the stability we all were waiting for and some sources say WhatsApp is working on a whole new redesigned app so people still not happy with the app, i suggest you to be patient for the things to come. As of now, the update is really appreciated but hopefully WhatsApp will work even faster and bring more features that are already present on the other platforms.
So all you Windows Phone users, what are you waiting for, go ahead and download the update. Download the update from here if you haven’t got a ping from the Store already.