WWDC is the annual Worldwide Developers Conference held by Apple in San Francisco, California. It’s an event where Apple announces their latest updates to the software running on Macs, iPhones, iPads, Apple TV, Apple Watches and other Apple devices. WWDC 2016 conference will be held from June 13th – June 17th starting at 10 pm Indian Standard Time. Even SIRI can confirm you the timing.
WWDC is a five–day event and tickets for the same are priced at $1,599. These tickets were distributed through a lottery system. This system was started in 2014 by Apple and has ever since been their best distribution method.
HOW TO WATCH WWDC 2016?
If you weren’t one of the lucky winners of the lottery tickets to the WWDC 2016, you still have the chances of cheering up. You can still watch the event and all the main attractions at the comfort of your homes or work spaces. You can see and hear the opening keynote speech as well as the press conference and about all the announcements as they happen.
Live Streaming is what we are talking about. You can watch the WWDC 2016 as it happens via Apple’s official live video stream here on Monday 13th June 2016 from 10.30 p.m. (Indian Standard Time) onwards.
Requirements for Live Streaming:
- The live streaming will use Apple’s HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) technology
- It will require an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- You’ll need to have Safari on iOS 7.0 or later
- A Mac with Safari 6.0.5 or later on OS X v10.8.5 or later
- Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) with software 6.2 or later
- Apple TV (4th generation)
- A PC with Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 (even windows user aren’t left behind)
You can also download the WWDC application for iPhone, iPad and Apple for knowing the schedules and seeing the videos.
Some major expectations from the WWDC 2016 session may be the announcement of iOS 10, Apple Music 2.0, Mac OS X 10.12. Further details are provided below.
- Things get confusing when it comes to the updates of Mac and MacBook ranges.
- Rumours suggest that the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro lines will be updated
- The 13in and 15in MacBook Pro can also see updates
- Some also suggest that the entire MacBook Air line can be discontinued leaving only MacBook and MacBook Pro options for the users
- Apple’s smallest and also the cheapest desktop Mac though not the most powerful Mac but we hope that Apple might shine the spotlight also on the smallest of desktop Macs
- According to some reports, Apple also may showcass the latest version of its Mac OS X software – Fuji
- Apple may also rename the ‘Mac OS X’ operating system to ‘macOS’
- A convincing prediction could also be that SIRI is about to get a big update as SIRI already knew when WWDC 2016 is going to be held before anyone else did
- If rumours are to be believed, SIRI could also make its way to the Mac
- Some rumours also suggest that the attention could be laid more on ‘point’ updates rather than a completely new version of iOS
- Even if there is an iOS 10 update, users can have the option to hide unwanted preinstalled apps
- Sources predict that Apple will finally replace or update its elderly 27–inch Thunderbolt monitor sometime in this year
- Apple is also expected to offer a 5K resolution display
- One of Apple’s focuses at WWDC 2016 will also be its music–streaming service
- Predictions are also that Apple may unveil a more intuitive and creative user interface for Apple Music
- At WWDC 2016 plans to improve the integration between the company’s streaming and download businesses may also be announced
- Commencement of a high–profile marketing campaign to bring in more paying users to the Apple Music service is another prediction
- It is rumoured that a major refurbishment would be made for the iTunes service
- Updates affecting iTunes fundamental purpose as much as its interface and way of working will also be unveiled
- There are fair chances that Apple would give us a glimpse of their first major update of thee fourth–gen Apple TV operating system
- Some rumors also suggest that we could catch a glimpse of the Apple Watch 2 during the WWDC 2016
- We can expect to see a refresh with Apple watch OS 3
- A few features in the upcoming update such as the custom watch faces, stability and speed improvements can also be expected
These are just a few things that we are expecting from the Worldwide Developers Conference 2016. Stay tuned for more exciting updates and let the countdown begin!